Sunday Fun Day with Pickleball!
WE’VE GOT THE COURT NOW LETS USE IT
WEAR COURT SHOES
PADDLES AND BALLS WILL BE AVAILABLE
WE ARE ALL BEGINNERS SO LETS GET MOVING
Come join us for a free Pickleball clinic at the Carmela Pickleball Court this month!
When: Saturday 11/18/2017
Where: Carmela Pickleball Court
Time: 10am to Noon
Shoes: Court shoes recommended
RSVP: SEND EMAIL to Hbfoot@verizon.net by 11/15
Hank Reimer (pictured here)
- USA Pickleball Association appointed Ambassador
- Certified Referee, USAPA & International Federation of Pickleball
- Pickleball Instructor
- Basics of pickleball
- Basic rules to understand the game; scoring & faults
- Basic fundamentals of play; how to…
- Types of play; Social, recreational & competition
Please watch video below prior to event:
November 1, 2017
The following Holiday Safety Tips are recommended by the La Quinta Police Department, to contribute to the safety and security of our residents during the holiday season. The holiday season is always a special time of year. It is also a time when busy people become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crime. We can never be too careful, too prepared or too aware. The La Quinta Police Department wishes you a safe, happy and peaceful holiday season.
- Avoid driving alone or at night.
- Keep all car doors locked and windows closed while in or out of your car. Set your alarm or use an anti-theft device.
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lighted area.
- Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with camper shells, or cars with tinted windows.
- Park as close as you can to your destination and take notice of where you parked.
- Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children inside.
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car. This creates a temptation for thieves. If you must leave something in the car, lock it in the trunk or put it out of sight.
- Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car.
- Keep a secure hold on your purse, handbag and parcels. Do not put them down or on top of the car in order to open the door.
- When approaching or leaving your vehicle, be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area.
- Ask mall or store security for an escort before leaving your shopping location.
Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
- If you must use an ATM, choose one that is located inside a police station, mall, or well-lighted location. Withdraw only the amount of cash you need.
- Protect your PIN by shielding the ATM keypad from anyone who is standing near you.
- Do not throw your ATM receipt away at the ATM location.
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Always carry your California Driver License or Identification Card along with necessary cash, checks and/or a credit card you expect to use.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Keep cash in your front pocket.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, “con-artists” may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
While At Home
- Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you leave the house, even for a few minutes.
- When leaving home for an extended time, have a neighbor or family member watch your house and pick up your newspapers and mail.
- Indoor and outdoor lights should be on an automatic timer.
- Leave a radio or television on so the house looks and sounds occupied.
- Large displays of holiday gifts should not be visible through the windows and doors of your home.
- When setting up a Christmas tree or other holiday display, make sure doors and passageways are clear inside your home.
- Be sure your Christmas tree is mounted on a sturdy base so children, elderly persons or family pets cannot pull it over on themselves.
- If you use lights on your Christmas tree ensure the wiring is not damaged or frayed. Frayed or damaged wiring can cause a fire.
- Place your Christmas tree in water or wet sand to keep it green.
- Never place wrapping paper in your fireplace.
When Strangers are at Your Door
- Be aware that criminals sometimes pose as couriers delivering gifts.
- It is not uncommon for criminals to take advantage of the generosity of people during the holiday season by soliciting donations door-to-door for charitable causes although no charity is involved.
- Ask for their identification, and find out how the donated funds will be used. If you are not satisfied, do not donate.
- Donate to a recognized charitable organization.
When Hosting a Party
- Have non-alcoholic beverages available for party guests.
- Find alternative transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Arrange for an official designated driver for your party who will not drink at all.
When Attending a Party
- Have something to eat before consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Eat high protein foods that will stay in your stomach longer and slow the absorption of alcohol into your system.
- Remember only time will eliminate the alcohol from your body.
- Know your safe limit.
- Never drink and drive.
La Quinta Police Department
Thermal Sheriff Station
86-625 Airport Blvd.
Thermal. Ca. 92274
760-863-8990 (Main Line)
In case of emergency, contact 9-1-1
Sheriff’s non-emergency: 760-863-3215, Ext. 5
Click below to view/download the complete PDF format.
Holiday Safety Tips 2017 PDF Format
Click below to view/download the complete MS Word format.
Holiday Safety Tips 2017 MS Word Format
The 2017 beautification project continues at Carmela.
Beginning Tuesday, October 10, 2017 and lasting approximately 9 business days, the landscape beautification conversion will begin at the front entry at Monroe. Therefore, entry and exit for your convenience should be through the 53rd Gates until the completion of the project. You will see a crew with Urban Habitat Landscape that will be diligently working outside the Monroe gates, please use caution and look out for these workers. Each business day they will be finished at approximately 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your patience during this time!
Please view the before and after gallery below. Click on an image to view larger.
Always striving to keep the community looking beautiful, young and fresh, the Design Review Committee with the assistance of the Board of Directors performed their annual review of all homes inside The Carmela community! It has been observed that the following items may need your attention:
- Paint on Garage Door Needs to be Refreshed
- Paint on Wood Trim Needs to be Refreshed
- Paint on Shutters Need to be Refreshed
- Pressure Washing of Exterior
This year we have teamed up with Sherwin-Williams of La Quinta to give all Carmela homeowners a community discount of 35% off!
Just mention Carmela at La Quinta when placing your paint order. The Sherwin-Williams management team is ran by Cesar Guzman (Store Manager) and Celia Sepulveda (Assistant Manager) alongside the store’s sales representative Rebecca Miller and they’re excited to work with our community. Below you’ll find their contact information, as well as a list of Sherwin-Williams professional painters to select from, if you choose.
Sherwin-Williams of La Quinta
79405 Hwy 111, Suite 12
La Quinta, CA 92253
Majestic Color Painting Services
2017 Color Schemes
Download PDF’s for info on the community paint color schemes below:
Just a friendly reminder that the Carmela Board of Directors next Board Meeting is Friday, April 7, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. to be held at the park inside Carmela.
We will also be handing out the Coachella Festival hang tags to the homeowners who have registered for them as per the letter we sent out.
There is a lot on the Board of Directors agenda (view agenda here) and we kindly remind you to hold all homeowner comments until the OPEN FORUM portion of the Board Meeting. THANK YOU!
The latest Carmela at La Quinta Newsletter was recently sent out. If you did not receive it, you can view an online version here, or by clicking on the image.
PLEASE ADVISE YOUR GUEST:
LOCK THIER CAR AND DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR VEHICLE WHILE PARKING IN STREETS OR DRIVEWAYS.
Your Board is investigating the recent brake in’s using the gate use code logs.